1 Corinthians 2:16 for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
The A&E cable television network just suspendedÂ â€™Duck Dynastyâ€™ star Phil Robertson over anti-gay comments in a GQ magazine interview. I shouldnâ€™t be surprised by this but I am. We have witnessed society taking a 180 on the whole homosexual issue in the last 10-20 years, and quite frankly, its the same old story different days.
GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz said: â€œPhil and his family (Duck Dynasty show) claim to be Christian, but Philâ€™s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe. He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans â€” and AmericansÂ â€“ who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Philâ€™s decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families.â€
- Considering what Cruz has stated, one can see the hatred seething in his words, and one can be certain there is a new day in America.
- First of all, what lies did Phil speak? Since when is an opinion a lie? How did Phil lie about an entire community?
- Who is Cruz to determine what â€˜true Christiansâ€™ believe? The Christian community is very divided over the gay issue, but I believe the vast majority still believes it is a sin against God, even if they disagree about how God will deal with that sin in His judgement.
- And as for Louisianans, I would like to see what poll Cruz is referencing considering there were polls conducted this year that declareÂ Louisianansâ€™ oppose gay marriage.
- Does America now support gay marriage by a majority? Maybe I missed the update?
- What was vile about saying â€˜gays will not inherit the kingdom of God?â€™ Its what he believes! Lord help these liberals if they ever succeed in ending Christian resistance to their ways because we all know other religions will just show up and slaughter them. There will be no talking involved.
- Declaring a basic Christian principle is now considered to be â€˜distain against the LGBT communityâ€™ and networks should avoid such characters? Seriously? This isnâ€™t how it was twenty years ago.
I believe the battle is lost as far as the US Society goes in the sense that America has been conditioned to believe Bible believers are â€˜vile and extremeâ€™. I believe a â€˜true Christianâ€™ has to be ready and willing to explain why this or that â€“ including homosexuality â€“ is considered a sin using sound Biblical principles. I also believe we need to be more compassionate and tolerant towards the LGBT community than we have ever been, but we cannot change God to fit the modern society. God doesnâ€™t change. We, as Christians, arenâ€™t called to judge, but we arenâ€™t called to be silent either.
The bottom line, however, is this. Organizations like â€˜GLAADâ€™ are demonizing Holiness and re-marketing it to the world as evil. We said it was going to come to this years ago and we were told we were paranoid. Now that its happening, the unity in â€˜religionâ€™ is splintering apart and the unity in Christ is revealed â€“ and one only needs to see how another handles issues just like this one. The thing to remember, however, is religion basically did the same thing against homosexuals for generations. Mental programing from all sides? Seems so.
What would Jesus do? Just look at what He did â€“ and the lines He drew for us so that we would know the Way. We need not play the roles of judge and executionerâ€¦ but we also need not be enablers either.
Glory be to God.
By Brother Chris